2011年5月20日 星期五

When the Traffic Light Turns Red

The pedestrian traffic light just turned green
We're crossing, she's also crossing
Pushing the wheels of her wheel chair, hard
We're halfway when the green light started to flash
I could see she's working hard on the wheels
There's only ten seconds for the the green to stay, and
It soon turned red, she's still pushing hard, her wheels
The cars were pressing close, perhaps
They want to obey the traffic lights, or
They thought it's their rights to pass
I knew I was stupid not to give her a helping hand
I passed over to her and got hold of the hand rails of the wheel chair
Pushing her quickily across the last quarter of our journey
We were safe at the pavement, and
She returned me many thankyous, in Putonghua
I am sorry that I was too Hongkong man, not
responding to her in the first instance

沒有留言:

張貼留言