2011年12月27日 星期二

Scenery (Liu Xia)

4.
Before that blue illusive lake
My eyes were blurred with tears
You quietly lit me a cigarette
We then watched attentively
The sea birds with their untrammelled flights

Sometimes you are so reticent like an old man
But once, in a blink of eye
You lifted up that snow-white sheep skull
Smiling at me brightly and sunny
I find out that you are a child

Just like all men in the highland
You like drinking wine
You are so joyous happy when you drink
To such an extent I am obliged not to stop you
After the wine your speech is smooth and flowing but mad
When sometimes you might get a swollen face or a blue nose
And you would swear not to drink any more

In most of the time
We would remain silent
With just a lighted cigarette
Let that light and vague loneliness
Be with us and drown us

(1987/05-12)
(translated by oswald 2011/12-00)
.

沒有留言:

張貼留言